DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award
The DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award was created to recognize those nurses who have devoted their life's work to the compassionate care of others. Recipients of this award are nominated for their dedication to nursing through active mentoring, role modeling, advocating for their patients and promoting the positive image of nursing. They serve as a beacon of inspiration to those at all stages of their career and in the various and important roles of nursing.
How it Works:
The DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award gives staff a way to express their gratitude and recognize the legacies that have sustained and shaped the heritage of nursing. Organizations that partner with The DAISY Foundation typically issue an internal call for DAISY Lifetime Achievement nominations once a year (or more frequently).
It is important that the criteria for selecting DAISY Lifetime Achievement Honorees be consistent with the values and culture of each organization and The DAISY Foundation. Each DAISY Partner organization's DAISY Committee will develop specific criteria for selecting DAISY Lifetime Achievement Honorees from among those nominated. Examples of criteria might be:
- Distinguished career as a nurse in clinical practice, administration, education, and/or research that promote a positive image of professional nursing
- Demonstrates and actively engages in the professional development of self and others in the nursing profession
- Serves as a role model and advocate for nursing practice and the advancement of nursing as a professional
- Advocates for the improvement of patient care and serves as an exemplar for enhancing the patient experience
- Recognized by the broader nursing community as a transformational nursing leader
- 25+ years of service
Presenting the Award:
DAISY presentations are meant to be joyful occasions. We propose that the presentation take place in a location that allows for recipients to be surrounded and celebrated by their staff and their own leadership team. The recognition ceremony, coordinated by the DAISY Committee, may be done as a surprise for the recipient. UPMC Hamot was the first to recognize one of their nurses with The DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award and presented it at their annual Nursing Symposium.
The DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award package includes:
- DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award certificate (this is a Power Point slide that will be emailed)
- DAISY Foundation portfolio for the award certificate
- DAISY Lapel Pin, specially designed by artist Ann Hand
- Unique Healer's Touch sculpture on a pedestal with a personalized plaque attached
Please join us...
We hope you will add The DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award to your DAISY recognition program and honor your nurses for their contributions to the profession and their legacy of extraordinary, compassionate nursing care.
To order a DAISY Lifetime Achievement Award package, please complete our order form in the Resource Center. If you need help logging into the Resource Center or placing your order, please contact your Regional Program Director.