Congratulations! You have joined a worldwide community of the most amazing nurses, whose practice is renowned not only for outstanding clinical skill, but especially for the special personal acts of kindness and compassion you provide your patients and their families. Your delivery of care is the epitome of the art and science of nursing. Here is some important information for you, as well as a list of your benefits as a DAISY Honoree. More detailed information on each section follows below, and please be sure an insert like the one depicted below is in your DAISY gift bag.
- The key to all your Honoree Benefits: Getting Registered with The DAISY Foundation so we may add your name, photo and story to our website (www.DAISYfoundation.org)
- Reduced Tuition at Chamberlain University
- Reduced cost on ANCC certification or renewal
- The Society of Pediatric Nursing (SPN) offers DAISY recipients a reduced membership rate, free webinars, discounted conference registration and much more
- Cherokee Uniforms Nursing Conference Scholarship
- Learn how to get involved with Sigma
- IHI's DAISY Award
- Scrubs Magazine on-line “shout out” to you
- Become a DAISY Ambassador
- Spend time with us at our DAISY Display at nursing conferences
- Instructions on the care and keeping of your Healer’s Touch sculpture
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, You Tube
- Coming Soon- DAISY Medical Mission Grants!
Get all your DAISY Honoree Benefits!
Please remind your DAISY Coordinator to register you on our website. He or she will log in to our Resource Center and and complete the Registration Form for you, uploading your photo and nomination story.
Once you are registered, we will create your DAISY Spotlight page (see example below). Your DAISY Coordinator will receive the DAISY Spotlight link and share with you.. Or you can easily search your name in the search box on www.daisyfoundation.org, where you will find your picture and story.
The Chamberlain DAISY Honoree Scholarship; An Unlimited 15% Reduction in Tuition Pricing!
Thanks to the exceptional generosity of Chamberlain University, every DAISY Honoree may be eligible to receive a special tuition rate. This is a gift in appreciation of the work DAISY Honorees do for their patients every day.
Chamberlain’s DAISY Honoree Scholarship offers a 15% reduction in tuition to eligible registered nurses who have received The DAISY Award- past and present Honorees!
The DAISY Honoree Scholarship is available to nurses who have a current, active RN license in the U.S. or in a jurisdiction that is an Associate Member of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
Chamberlain’s DAISY Honoree Scholarship is designed to encourage continuing education in the nursing profession and, assuming Chamberlain’s admission requirements are met, may be applied to their:
- RN to BSN Online Degree Completion Option
- RN-BSN to MSN Online Option
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Degree Program
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Degree Program
- Graduate Certificate Program
All scholarships are exclusively administered by Chamberlain University. Additional requirements for all Chamberlain’s scholarship programs apply. Please contact a student services advisor at Chamberlain to apply for The DAISY Honoree Scholarship. For more information visit Chamberlain.edu/scholarships. The application process does require verification of DAISY Honoree status so Honorees should be prepared to present their DAISY Award Certificate, dated and signed by their employer upon request.
We respectfully request DAISY Honorees contact Chamberlain with any questions, not The DAISY Foundation. All scholarship applications must be submitted directly to Chamberlain University following their scholarship application procedures.
ANCC Certification Offer
Starting in 2015 DAISY Award Honorees are eligible for this one-time benefit to apply for or renew an ANCC certification at a special reduced DAISY rate. Honorees must be registered with The DAISY Foundation by their organization's DAISY Coordinator to be verified and to receive the promotional code for the application.
Society of Pediatric Nurses Membership Offer
DAISY Honorees can join SPN and save $10 (use the code DAISY10 at checkout).
SPN Membership benefits include:
- Four FREE member webinars on cutting edge topics in pediatric nursing ($160 value)
- Discounted Annual Conference registration ($115 savings)
- 50% discount on Mosby's Pediatric Nursing Orientation course ($200 value)
- Access to the Journal of Pediatric Nursing($122 value)
- Access to the Evidence-Based Practice and New Researcher's Toolkits ($50 value)
- Six issues of SPN e-News
- Networking opportunities through the SPN Discussion Forums and Annual Conference
- Annual awards programs recognizing excellence in education, practice and research
- Member scholarships and research grant programs
- Networking and continuing education opportunities through local chapters
- Learn more about SPN membership and join today by visiting pednurses.org/join
Cherokee Medical Uniform Conference Scholarship
Cherokee Medical Uniforms, a DAISY Foundation Industry Partner, is offering a new conference scholarship program to support the professional advancement of DAISY Honorees.
Ten DAISY Honoree Nurses will be selected, based on applications, to each receive a $2,000 scholarship to attend a conference of their choice. Next application period is October 1st-November 30th. Learn more: www.cherokeenursingscholarship.com
As a DAISY Honoree, you have made an extraordinary difference by demonstrating love, courage, and honor. These are the core values of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International. Sigma engages a global network of members in developing a vision for the future of nursing and improving world health through scholarship, leadership and service. You have demonstrated your leadership at the bedside and have been recognized for it as a DAISY Nurse. We invite you to apply today to expand your network by joining one of the largest nursing organizations in the world! Learn more about how you can get involved with Sigma at www.nursingsociety.org/DAISY.
IHI's DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses in Patient Safety
If you received the DAISY Award or DAISY Team Award during the January 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018-time period, you are eligible to be nominated for the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses.
The IHI's DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, sponsored by Hill-Rom, raises awareness of the significant contributions by nurses with respect to patient and workforce safety. The award will be presented during the IHI's Annual Patient Safety Congress, which will be held in Houston Texas, May 15th-17th 2019.
The deadline for nominations is November 14th, 2018.
Additional details were emailed to your onsite DAISY Coordinator. For more information, please visit: https://www.daisyfoundation.org/news/2018/09/application-open-institute-healthcare-improvements-daisy-award-extraordinary-nurses
Scrubs Magazine "Shout Out"
At the bottom of your DAISY Spotlight page you’ll see a Congratulation button. Clicking on it takes you to your page on Scrubsmag.com/DAISY where your family and friends can post a “shout-out” to you. You can view these shout-outs when you log in to Scrubsmag.com.
DAISY Ambassador Program
Over the years, DAISY Coordinators and Honorees have asked how they can help The DAISY Foundation. DAISY Award recipients are the reason we do what we do, and we are very grateful for your support and involvement. DAISY Coordinators and DAISY Award recipients know the powerful impact of this recognition on Honorees and all who celebrate with them. So we invite DAISY Award recipients and DAISY Coordinators to join our DAISY Ambassador program.
Who are DAISY Ambassadors?
DAISY Honorees and Coordinators who would like to help us achieve our Vision of having The DAISY Award in every healthcare organization that wants it and will do what it takes to make it meaningful for their nurses.
What do DAISY Ambassadors do?
- Share your experiences of receiving or running The DAISY Award with other nurses in the community. This will entail a simple phone call or email to a nurse in your area that is considering bringing the program to her/his organization.
- Provide a quote that we may use in our marketing materials, explaining what receiving The DAISY Award means to you. Again, a simple email will be wonderful - and a photo for our website, too.
- If you are available to do so, spend an hour at our DAISY Display at a nursing conference you are already attending. This is not mandatory, of course. However, if you have the time, we would appreciate your joining us to answer questions, describe your experience, and share your contagious enthusiasm.
You will not be asked to help us raise money.
We welcome your ideas and hope you will consider becoming a DAISY Ambassador. If you would like more information about becoming an Ambassador please contact Erin Ascher firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are ready to become an Ambassador please complete our become a DAISY Ambassador form.
Spend time with us at conferences
If you attend a nursing conference, please look for our DAISY display and say hello. It will mean so much to us, the Co-founders and staff of The DAISY Foundation to meet you and wish you well in person. Also, if you have some time, you can spend some time with us at our display and meet others who have the program or do not know about DAISY and want to learn more.
Are you a social media user? If so, please visit and “Like” our Facebook DAISY Foundation page to get all of the latest news. There is also a DAISY Award Nurses Group on Facebook which we hope will evolve into a place our Honorees can communicate with each other. Please become a member by sending a request to join. You can also follow us on Twitter at @DAISY4Nurses and check out our Pinterest page where we post fun celebration ideas and unique DAISY displays. On YouTube, there are hundreds of inspiring videos of DAISY Nurses being honored. Just search DAISY Award and grab some Kleenex®.
Thank You! We are so pleased to have you as part of the DAISY family and value the meaningful contributions you make to your patients and their families each and every day!