About the DAISY Faculty Award
Celebrating Nursing Faculty for Their
Inspirational Influence on The Nurses of Today and Tomorrow
Why The DAISY Faculty Award Was Created
Over the years of running The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, The DAISY Foundation has come to learn that despite the many pressures on nursing faculty, they have a profound impact on the future practice of their students.
Many students talk about hearing a professor's or instructor's voice in the back of their heads even years after they have graduated. These dedicated nursing faculty members often do not receive appropriate recognition for the effect they have on their students, on patient care and on the professionalism of nursing.
The Faculty Award was created to recognize and celebrate the contributions faculty make to the future of nursing.
What is The DAISY Faculty Award?
The DAISY Foundation, as part of its service to the nursing profession's role in patient care, established the DAISY Faculty Award to provide colleges/schools of nursing a national recognition program that they may use to demonstrate appreciation to their nursing faculty for their commitment and inspirational influence on their students.
In light of the nursing faculty shortage, The DAISY Foundation hopes that this program will contribute to:
- Faculty retention
- Faculty engagement
- A more positive work environment
The DAISY Foundation hopes that this program will contribute to faculty retention by generating a more positive work environment for nursing faculty members in schools that have The DAISY Faculty Award program and will encourage nursing faculty to continue teaching.
In creating The DAISY Faculty Award, there were three elements we wanted to ensure our recognition program included:
- A partnership with schools to provide on-going recognition
- Flexibility so that The DAISY Faculty Award may be tailored to each school’s unique culture and values
- A turn-key program, with The DAISY Foundation providing most everything you need to implement The DAISY Faculty Award
Planning and Implementing The DAISY Faculty Award Program
The first step is to fill out our “request more information form”. The DAISY Regional Program Director for your region will email you a letter of introduction that provides details on how to plan and implement the program at your school, forming a committee, and the cost of the program for your institution. They will also be in touch to gauge your interest and set up a phone conference or webinar to answer your questions or provide additional information.
Should you decide to move forward with The DAISY Faculty Award, the next step is to fill out our online Commitment Form. This provides us with main points of contact at your school, the number of awards per year you will present , and your estimated start date, and everything we need to help you get started. Once we receive this form:
- We will email you the login and password to our online Resource Center which contains an implementation guide, sample criteria, nomination form templates, marketing materials for your program and much more.
- Your Regional Program Director will be in touch to set up a date/time for a welcome webinar with your DAISY Committee who will be coordinating the award program.
- An invoice for the first year of DAISY Gifts will be emailed. Once it’s paid, we will ship your gifts for the year.
We look forward to partnering with you to honor your extraordinary nursing faculty!