She has transformed me into the nursing student that can do whatever I put my mind to.
Faculty members were nominated by students as well as peers. This is what some of Shayla's students had to say about her:
- Shayla is a tough teacher but she sure sets us up to succeed. She genuinely cares about us as students and as people.
- She is not only a wonderful instructor but she is a wonderful mentor.
- I chose to join the Harlan nursing program because she was very highly recommended by some of her previous students. She appears to take a great sense of pride in not only teaching us the technical skills we will need as nurses, but equally emphasizes the ethical and moral foundation that will make us successful.
- Shayla has been such an amazing instructor. She works so hard to make sure we know everything to become the best nurse possible. She is an awesome role model for us. For me she has shown me how not to second guess myself. If I could nominate Shayla five hundred times I would. I wish every person had a chance to have her as an instructor. She has transformed me into the nursing student that can do whatever I put my mind to. Thank you.
- Shayla is my instructor for the last year. I couldn't have asked for a better, more involved instructor. I will be the nurse that is caring and helpful because of how much she has taught me!
- She has a genuine passion for us to succeed.
- ...thank you, Shayla, for helping me be the best person I can be & pushing me to be a good nurse.