When asked about being a nurse Ann replied, "being a nurse is not just a job, it's what I was meant to do". It was this work ethic that led to her nomination for the DAISY Award. Those who nominated Floyd commented
- Her compassion and outstanding clinical skills make her a role model in SHC nursing excellence
- Ann always treats each patient and family with respect; her patients and families love her!
- Ann is always professional in her verbal and written communication
- Ann keeps meticulous records for this complex population so that anyone can tell in a snapshot
what the treatments plans are and have been. She sets the standard for nursing documentation and
- She is an active participant on the patient & Family Education Committee and always follows
through with her responsibilities.
Upon receiving the DAISY Award Ann commented, "It feels like I have joined the ranks, it was so kind to be recognized and it was nice to hear people say thank you".